A bee party is an easy theme for a birthday party. A bee party is bright and sunny and has so many possibilities! Bumblebee decorations are simple – use anything yellow and black, honey, bees and flowers. Here are some decoration
Bumble Bee Party Decoration Ideas
- Paint terra cotta pots with yellow and black stripes and plant white and yellow flowers in the pots. Use these as table decorations.
- You can use yellow, black and white solid colored balloons, table covers and streamers.
- Hang stuffed bees from the ceiling with fishing line.
- Make an easy bumble bee decoration by painting the bottom of a paper plate with yellow and black stripes. Cut a half circle out of white construction paper for the head, and glue on to the paper plate. Draw eyes on the head of the bee. Hang the bumble bees around your party area or place one on the back of every chair.
- Hang a banner that reads “Happ-bee Birthday, Honey!”
- Draw a honey comb pattern on a large sheet of yellow craft paper to hang on the walls.
- Make a beehive piñata by following the directions below.
Bee Party Beehive Piñata
Inflate a 24-inch- wide balloon; set it atop a large bucket so that the balloon’s narrow end rests just inside the bucket.
Cut newspaper into 3″L x 1″W strips (you’ll need about 200 strips total). In a bowl, mix equal parts school glue and water. Working one strip at a time, dip paper into the mixture and immediately place on the balloon. Once the strips are dry to the touch (about an hour), turn the balloon upside down and cover its narrow end—stopping a few inches from the top to leave a four-inch-wide opening (where you’ll later insert candy). Allow to dry completely, about six hours. Repeat with two more layers on both ends, allowing six hours of drying time between each layer.
Use a pin to pop the balloon, then tip the hive over to empty. Set the hive back in the bucket and fill with candy.
Create a hanger for the hive by making two small holes at the narrow end with an X-Acto knife, on opposite sides near the opening. Cut a four- foot-long piece of twine; thread one end through both holes and tie off near the top of the hive, leaving enough twine for hanging. Close the open end using six-inch-long strips of papier-mâché, applying a total of three layers and allowing for drying time between each.
Category: Birthday Party Ideas